Saturday, April 17, 2010

Run for the Sand!

We recently took the time to try something new. Our family took an extra long weekend and went to the beach on an April weekend. Usually we go to the beach in the summer, but this was a nice change of pace. We were really excited to attend Sandfest for the first time ever. I don't think we were prepared for the changes that Port A has gone through since we were last there. So many more things there now. I heard reports that 100,000 people would be on the beach for Sandfest. Another plus, my sister and her family were there vacationing on the island with her in laws. That was such an added treat. My niece was very excited to participate in the sand castle competition this year. It was great to see her build her seashell village. She even won second place and received a trophy. The kids all enjoyed the jumbo corn dogs for sale on the beach. The live music was perfect for the little ACE, he was a dancing fool. It was fantastic to see my sister and how great she looks as the baby boy grows inside of her. We are excited to meet him this summer. Another thing about this trip that was new for us, wildflowers.... we never time a road trip well. Usually the wildflowers are not quite ready or have already peaked. They were wonderful. The sandcastles were truly remarkable. It was a nice weekend.

It doesn't matter how old the boy is... he still tortures the seagulls.

The sandcastle queen herself.

Just a portion of the winning sea shell village.
Nothing better than a jumbo corn dog!



My sister and her family

If I could bottle the joy.... my kids love the beach. Windy, cool, sunny and dry.... never matters.

Our arrival was a surprise to B. she was so happy to see her cousins.

Wildflowers...

The best of both... wildflowers and the beach.....

I hate to say goodbye. But I was so glad to get an unexpected visit with her.

These girls are too pretty.




No comments: