Monday, October 13, 2008

Remembering

A family that I have been following for the past few years as they journey to adopt a child, recieved the news they were waiting for last night. Ella was declared their daughter in Africa. They were finally able to share photos of the sweetest face I believe they have ever seen. She is breathtaking. Needless to say, those photos and words cause me to reflect on the blessing we experienced through adoption. Although our journey to adoption did not follow the same path, it was miraculous in itself. The first photo is the first time I saw my boy's face. He was so perfect. I know God prepared him in advance to know that I was his mommy. He ran to me and cried "mommy" as soon as I walked into the room. Blessed. I felt completely blessed.
Jayden's second halloween was one that seemed to last for years. He was Blue's Clues biggest fan. We purchased the costume for the fall festival at our church. Jayden loved the costume so much he wore it all the time. At 8 years old, the hat is still in his dresser drawer. I can't seem to get it far from him.
And today, the little boy who was so small from lack of nutrition and such a hard start to life, is topping the growth chart. He is the happiest kid I know. He is a man who knows what he wants. The hair is a result of that. He wants it long. I am struggling with the shaking the head to move hair out of the eyes. He thinks it is cool.... He is still a blessing to us. We are proud to be his parents! He was definitley worth the wait!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

It's amazing how much he looks like M & P.

Mike said...

Oh my, we have THE EXACT same haircut on our 6 year old. The son loves it.

But the dad doesn't.