Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas... 2008

Scott's family  at Christmas

The worst part about this year's celebration was that my sister and her family were not able to be here with us.  The best part about this year's celebration was that my sister and her family joined us this year through webcam and skype.....  What a blessing.  

We had a great time being together and exchanging gifts.  Children are always the most fun to watch open gifts.  My niece, Kate, made sure to help everyone open their gifts.  My nephew, Will, smiled and enjoyed opening presents at his very first Christmas.  My three young ones were so grown up and respectful as they made sure to thank each person and show real appreciation for the gift.  I was so proud of their behavior.  I always love watching each person open their gifts... gifts that I spent time thinking about them and choosing something that they might enjoy. I like to see if I chose wisely... if they really like the gift... did I choose something that they really had not thought about needing or wanting?  It is always fun for me.  

My parents bought me the coolest reflector for taking photos.  I wanted one and they did a great job selecting the right one.  I can't wait to try it out.  My sister... wow... she really surprised me.  I have always know she was talented....  but she has started a business with a friend where they make silver hand stamped jewelry.  She made me a beautiful necklace.  I absolutely love it. I love it more that she made it for me.  I am so proud of her....

This year... Scott and I decided for the first time to refrain from purchasing gifts from one another..... let me just say now.... bad idea.... I did not know how much I would miss having him select something just for me.... no matter how small or large..... i missed that.  

I am so proud that my kids are so easy to please.  They are totally happy with whatever they are given.  That is a great thing.  

Christmas was extra hard this year.... but you would never have known it.  My dad was laid off from Radio Shack after almost 30 years....  in a time where we should have forgone gifts... they still gave.  I am so proud of the way that my parents are handling this crisis.  They are trusting that God has things under control.  He will show them how He will provide for them in this hard time.  I am so blessed by such great parents.  

I pray that your Christmas has been as much a blessing as mine has been.  

Scott's parents are coming tomorrow.  We look forward to more time with them.  

No comments: