Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I hate sitting still!


I am sick....I have been sick since Friday.... I hate being stuck in bed.  I have a strep bacterial infection in my leg. Talk about fast moving.  In a span of 12 hours the infection spread from my foot to my thigh.  Needless to say, I was hospitalized for IV antibiotic treatment on Saturday.  Today is Tuesday... and it looks like Friday is the soonest i will be released.  I have gone from not being able to walk at all... with more pain than childbirth... to mild pain and swelling.  I do not recommend this to anyone.  I have been blessed to have my Scott with me here at the hospital. I don't like staying alone.  IT seems so open and in front of everyone when they open the door to your room.  The rooms are really like closets. My mom and my dad have been such a help, staying with my kids and being the taxi and food service.  I could not imagine having to do this without them.  Scott's parents also came to help.  I know that it was a sacrifice for them to come and they gladly drove in to help a few days.  My kids are doing OK.  Once they knew i was not having surgery to remove flesh eating bacteria.... they seem totally fine. They are super kids.  I am so blessed.  And so many of my friends and family and even coworkers..... have all stopped in to see me and ask how i am doing.  It is so nice to feel the love from so many people.  Needless to say, I am stir crazy.......

4 comments:

Blu and Darbi said...

Ha!! I KNEW it!! I came to your blog just knowing that you would have posted and photographed something in your room! :) We've been praying for you and very worried about you. Of course, I was more worried that you were gonna miss The Bachelor than anything else! :) Get better soon!!!
Love,
Darbi

Jenn said...

So glad you are okay! Sorry you have to be in a hospital bed for so long!! Will it be too stressful if the kids and I come for a couple days to see Lauren?

Lauren said...

Any your sister will be there on Friday, which will give you great comfort!

Tawny and Kya said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I had no idea! I hope you are perfectly better soon!