Thursday, March 12, 2009

My baby brother Chance

Chance


I am amazed by my baby brother, Chance. He is such a great man. I remember the day he was born. I was 13. I was so embarrassed that my parents had "done it" and were having yet another baby. At 13 I had a good idea of how he came to be. I was determined to be at the hospital when he was born. As my Dad and I went back to see the new baby boy, (dad did not select to be in the delivery room) I saw this big bouncing baby boy... with a squished up face looking at us. My immediate response.... "He is kind of funny looking." Having never seen a fresh baby, I was not prepared for how "cheesy" and wrinkled they come out. My dad was great... "He looks exactly like you did." That was it, I loved him at once. For so many years, the large age difference kept me so tall and him so small. I don't really remember when it happened, but he outgrew me. He just kept growing until her was 6 foot tall. Suddenly he forgot he was my baby brother. He was off to games and practice and friend's houses. Then he moved off to college and got married and grew up. I will admit that the day that he got his driver license, I cried. I can't explain it. Maybe the fact that he was growing up, meant I was getting old.... it was painful. Once upon a time, he was my baby brother and he needed me. Now that he is older, he needs his big sister very little. He is a husband to a fantastic Lindsay, a coach to the Cedar Hills Varsity Girls Soccer Team, a fantastic classroom manager in Biology, IPC, or Chemistry, a loyal friend, a loving brother, a son that makes his parents proud. I am very proud of how he has become a fabulous man.

Let me introduce you to another fabulous man..... or at least one that sings the songs my ears were made to hear....

Kenny


Only one person stands in the way of front row tickets to see him in concert. That wonderful brother of mine, Chance...... Come on baby brother. You know how deep the Kenny love runs! Show your big sister some love! Let your fantastic wife and your awesome big sister go to that anticipated concert! Please. Love me enough...